Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Can’t get this girl off of my mind
 hemingway234
Msg: 19 (view)

Can’t get this girl off of my mind
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:51:46 AM
What does he have to loose? - time. rejection.

Part of smart dating is efficiency. You have to know when to fold, pack up your stuff, and move on to the next woman.
 hemingway234
Msg: 6 (view)

Why do women have slogan pics in their profile
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:48:23 AM
He's talking about memes. Hmmm, I guess I have maturity issues. Like Cartman says, "Whateva whateva, I do what I want!
 hemingway234
Msg: 20 (view)

It seemed so promising.
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:44:25 AM
This guy asked why you wanted to meet so quickly? After more than a month?

If you can't meet them in a couple of weeks, they are either a scammer or have serious issues. A man who likes you wants to meet asap.
 hemingway234
Msg: 8 (view)

So many fake profiles hard to believe anyone
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:39:52 AM
Welcome to dating, the endless search for a needle in a haystack. The good news is, you only need one good one
 hemingway234
Msg: 29 (view)

How do I word this?
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:34:58 AM
How do you avoid people who are out of shape on dating sites? - you can't. If you put it in your profile, you'll likely turn off ones you may want.

The best you can do is choose who you respond to.

95% of your time in dating is wasted. It's ok! You only need to find one good one.
 hemingway234
Msg: 52 (view)

Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:28:06 AM
There are advantages to many things, if you'll just open your eyes and see. Kids are extra little people to love you.
 hemingway234
Msg: 126 (view)

if wishes were horses, beggars would ride for free
Posted: 12/13/2018 7:24:04 AM

I'm just tired of guys I don't like liking me and guys I do like not liking me very much. I think many of us feel the same way on here. The problem of finding MUTUAL attraction.

- Yup. Dating is the endless search for a needle in a haystack. With my luck, I usually get the ones who are out of shape or bipolar.

However, there are no leagues. I date below average looking women to supermodels. As long as they meet or beat my attraction bar, it's ok. Attraction is important, but it's what's inside that counts most.

I just met one I liked who looks like Meg Ryan. She's not attracted to me though. So we are just friends.

I'm thinking about dating my backup woman. But then what would I do for a backup woman?!
 hemingway234
Msg: 11 (view)

She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!
Posted: 12/11/2018 11:54:03 AM
Did someone say bacon? - I want it, I want it, gimme-gimme!
 hemingway234
Msg: 43 (view)

Turning someone down for sex
Posted: 12/11/2018 11:45:10 AM

msg#22:
My mother taught me it was the 3 B's..
Beer -- Beef & Blowjobs!!

I wonder if the Dads of the world ever gave similar advice to their sons?
A simplistic slogan to keep their women happy?
Do tell, Men~
(Smile)

- Affection, romance, and respect.
 hemingway234
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 12/6/2018 10:39:46 AM
Well look, when just dating, before you have established a relationship, you can turn them down if you don't like them, of course. And sure, they might get butt-hurt. In that situation, too bad so sad!

Unless you are sick, be prepared to give sex and affection whenever your partner wants it. Is this difficult for ya?!

only if she is willing to do the same.

- absolutely. love is a two-way street.
 hemingway234
Msg: 326 (view)

Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 12/6/2018 9:19:36 AM
Yeah, I normally don't tell a woman she is "Cute-cute" until she has given me her number for dating.

I don't think pet names and sweet stuff should be used with strangers....... many people don't seem to understand this.
 hemingway234
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 12/6/2018 9:10:06 AM
^^^^^^^^^good post siisaa. Yes, we all need people.
 hemingway234
Msg: 14 (view)

What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly skip past them?
Posted: 12/6/2018 9:05:50 AM
I'm empathetic and can read people, even with as little as one picture......Half the pictures I see on this site are of damaged women........so I can discount many without even looking at the profile - even beautiful ones.
 hemingway234

Posted: 12/6/2018 9:00:33 AM
Turning down a partner, man or women, feels like rejection (unless you are sick). If it happens too much, it can kill the person's love for you and the relationship.

Unless you are sick, be prepared to give sex and affection whenever your partner wants it. Is this difficult for ya?!
 hemingway234
Msg: 5 (view)

Would relationships be better if the honeymoon hormones never went away?
Posted: 12/6/2018 8:55:44 AM
I had a relationship where the honeymoon phase lasted 3 years. Now I just have to figure out how to make it last forever.
 hemingway234
Msg: 106 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/6/2018 8:54:08 AM

Years ago, I had a woman friend who did OLD, who used 1 old, heavily photoshopped pic of herself, plus she was very aggressive & admitted to emailing tons of men on multiple sites. Her pic made her look 20 years younger & 40 lbs lighter. She had tons of 1st "dates" but tons of being stood up, tons them leaving very early, tons of drive bys, tons of no 2nd dates, tons of negative confrontations, etc. I groaned inwardly every time she told me she had a new "date", knowing the outcome would not be so good.

If someone is not popular w/ the opposite sex in real life, how does meeting someone through a dating site magically all of a sudden make them a hot ticket?

- Yup, lots of people use 20 year old pics or otherwise misrepresent themselves online. They get a ton of rejection too - it's really stupid.
 hemingway234
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 12/4/2018 11:46:24 AM
Well, if they've been bad, I tell them to go to my room!
 hemingway234
Msg: 53 (view)

Ladies. how many messages do you receive?
Posted: 12/4/2018 11:45:00 AM

as I only get the odd message every so often!

Me, too.

And it's usually from Markus.

- Me three! Hey, at least I have a friend! Weeeeeeeeee!
 hemingway234
Msg: 13 (view)

How to Know If Your Partner Is Financially ‘Cheating’ in Your Relationship
Posted: 12/4/2018 11:41:53 AM

msg#2:
Men should give their money to their wives - she can't cheat if she already has it all! If it's not enough, get a better job or business! Read it and weep

If she's a good girl and you keep her in love, you'll have no problem. It's called giving, responsible, and loyalty

My kind of guy<<<
(Smile)

- thank you my friend.

Everyone says the key to having a successful marriage/relationship is trust. But keeping finances and assets separate indicates a lack of trust. I don't know how successful a marriage could be if there's a lack of trust.

Exactly.

A lot of people can't see the forest for the trees.

- I love it.

Yeah, some of you guys need to be better people and pick better friends/lovers. Trust is a cornerstone of a relationship.......in fact, you can only love someone as much as you can trust and respect them. It's huge.
 hemingway234
Msg: 78 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/4/2018 11:34:10 AM
Oh come on guys, cut her some slack.......you guys talk as if she is the devil...........nobody wants to be alone. We all need people.
 hemingway234
Msg: 2 (view)

How to Know If Your Partner Is Financially ‘Cheating’ in Your Relationship
Posted: 12/3/2018 3:30:15 PM
Men should give their money to their wives - she can't cheat if she already has it all! If it's not enough, get a better job or business! Read it and weep

If she's a good girl and you keep her in love, you'll have no problem. It's called giving, responsible, and loyalty.
 hemingway234
Msg: 71 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/3/2018 2:37:55 PM
Well, it's more than just sex men are after - I don't care what men say........they don't know what the heck they want. Sure, sex is good, and a strong motivator..... and sure, some men have convinced themselves that's all they want....... but for the most part, men want romance (at least some), friendship, affection, and most of all, the loyalty that comes from a woman in love ....... THE SAME DARN THING WOMEN WANT. To top it off, women in love are fun! Heck, I remember a time my ex was chasing me all over the parking lot in red Lobster........and she did not want to hit me! lol!

Just cause men are stupid and don't realize it does not mean they don't want it.
 hemingway234
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2018 9:22:06 AM
Yes, there are a lot of the same faces on dating sites. Many of them are abandoned profiles. Dating sites don't take down abandoned profiles, because they help to keep the database as large as possible, making it look like there are more people than there really are.

However, on a site like this, there are always new people trickling in also.
 hemingway234
Msg: 67 (view)

If looks do matter.
Posted: 12/2/2018 9:08:48 AM
Quit complaining and go workout and post the resulting pics.

Also, security, police, military and the like are a red flag for some women. Put something more general as your job and give them the specifics later. You have to sell yourself.

I have always said that FWB is to females what The FriendZone is to men.
In both cases you are getting one aspect of a romantic relationship without the others, In the case of Friend-Zoning you are getting all the responsibilities of a romantic relationship without any of the benefits or exclusivity(She want to do everything with you that she would want to do with a boyfriend except have sex with you) and in the case of FWB you are getting the sex but not the commitment

- hogwash. Women are just more selective is all....they can afford to be, they are the beautiful ones (good for them!) deal with it.
 hemingway234
Msg: 9 (view)

Can’t get this girl off of my mind
Posted: 11/23/2018 7:12:27 AM
If it did not work out the first time, the odds say it's dead.

But don't feel bad, you did not really know her. She's probably not all that you imagine.
 hemingway234
Msg: 5 (view)

Acceptable first messages???
Posted: 11/23/2018 7:04:59 AM

"Hey, how are you?" is all you need in my opinion. There's no need to overthink it. If they're interested then they will reply to you. And don't worry about messaging people that you match with. Simply message people you find interesting. Try to avoid complimenting their appearance also. Might sound odd, but it's pretty obvious to them if you're contacting them. Save your compliment for the first meet when they look their best! But if you must, avoid words like "sexy" or "hot". At least for me, I get the wrong impression.

- Bingo. You can just ask them where they are from, or any other normal conversation starting question. There is an old saying...... "You had me at 'Hello'".
 hemingway234
Msg: 2742 (view)

Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:56:26 AM
I've had blind dates before the days of the internet, cell phones with cameras built in, and selfies.

One lady I talked to on the phone, never saw her until we met at a resturant - it never went anywhere, she was not attracted to me when we met.

Another lady I picked up was a set up from friends - turns out she was just being nice to the friends, did not want to say "no"....... turns out she was gay. I'm sure there are others I can't remember.

In the early days of dating, some men had better success meeting women when they did not have a pic in their profile. But I'm sure they had a high rejection rate when they did meet. I doubt that would work now anyway, people are a lot more savvy.

I would not recommend meeting someone these days without a pic..... pics are way too easy. At the least, you want to have an idea of what they look like so you can find your date, lol! Also, I'd like to know there is a good chance I won't throw up when I meet her!
 hemingway234

Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:37:25 AM
Wow, his learning curve is going to be huge! Hurts my head just thinking about it.
 hemingway234

Looking to date thin petite cute sweet women in Kamloops
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:34:12 AM
Where do I sign up?!
 hemingway234
Msg: 23 (view)

only accepts messages from upgraded users
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:27:35 AM
They tell you the last time a person logged in on searches.

I can't remember all the women I've sent messages to. Heck, I can barely remember who I am!
 hemingway234
Msg: 110 (view)

My Cats are C*ck-Blocking Me
Posted: 11/21/2018 8:16:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat John.
 hemingway234
Msg: 11 (view)

wow I paid so I can get this message
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:52:25 AM

POF blocks cut and paste messages

- so that's where all my messages went!

Actually, if you show up on "meet me" first when you pay, it might be worth it? I've gotten dates from the "meet me" feature. You need a decent profile, however.
 hemingway234
Msg: 24 (view)

Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:44:46 AM
People in relationships should go on vacations together.........it's part of romance, and helpful to stay in love to keep the relationship together. You have to take time out to smell the roses once in awhile.

Pool is a good idea, as is the beach, dinning out, fishing, go out on a boat, glass bottom boat, shows, theme parks, concerts, too much to list.
 hemingway234
Msg: 27 (view)

Spam and prostitution
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:28:25 AM

Disclaimer:

The above great difficulty only applies to those men who are not a 6 foot tall male model who owns and drives a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

- durn, ya mean this cute-cute wittle rice-burner I drive now won't make the cut!? Shoot!
 hemingway234
Msg: 8 (view)

Idiots on POF
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:23:09 AM
Companies and websites want as much information as they can get from you........there is a market for your personal info, and they sell it to information brokers.

Also, scammers will steal your pics
 hemingway234

Help please
Posted: 11/17/2018 2:37:50 AM
I don't mind compliments. But I'm cheap like dat.
 hemingway234
Msg: 41 (view)

What would you expect from a partner?
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:50:49 PM
I'm pretty low maintenance except when it comes to food - I'm on a special diet.
 hemingway234
Msg: 9 (view)

Should I stop texting her?
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:14:40 AM
Decide how far you want to travel for a date and then only talk to those women - and then meet asap.
 hemingway234
Msg: 116 (view)

How men mathematically sleep with more people than women
Posted: 11/15/2018 8:58:10 AM

I would only believe studies about such a topic when they are being observed doing the horizontal mamba!

- Yes! You can't ask people about sex and relationship stuff, they will exaggerate and embellish, you won't get a correct answer.

To know the facts, you have to do double-blind, scientific testing, or at least observe what people do, not what they say. There is no other way.
 hemingway234
Msg: 28 (view)

Putting some Legalese in the footers of profiles
Posted: 11/15/2018 8:50:41 AM
The problem is not POF having/using your pictures, they are not.

It's the data miners and scammers who steal people's pictures - that is the real problem.

Pof could care less about your pics, they are not that great, lol
 hemingway234
Msg: 13 (view)

Attachment theory seems to explain my dating type and problems
Posted: 11/15/2018 8:45:37 AM

Dismissive-avoidant: Doesn't need validation, don't need close relationships, often think they are of higher value in relationships, deals with relationship issues by avoiding partners.

Based on 2500+ pages of complaints from men on the Profile Review forum- and my own personal experience at the present time- this is the most common dating type exhibited by women on dating sites.

Dismissed and avoided by the masses.

- we call that a control freak, high maintenance, spoiled brat, or bad girl - take your pick!

I prefer Drewish princess myself!
 hemingway234
Msg: 191 (view)

Do you care what a person does for work?
Posted: 11/15/2018 8:33:44 AM

If we're talking Canadian versus US dollars, the gap widens. It takes about $1.32 Canadian to equal $1 US or $1 Canadian equals $.76 US.

- yup! You guys need to state whether you are talking about Canadian or american dollars. There's a 25% difference.
 hemingway234
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2018 8:23:41 AM

I suspect your list could have went on much longer and included 'Only speaks when spoken to ..'

- I had a girlfriend like that before. It was not necessary, but I'll take it!
 hemingway234
Msg: 25 (view)

Message preventing me from signing in
Posted: 11/15/2018 7:54:26 AM
I tried I.E. browser but could not even get the site to come up, lol

Click "inbox" and log in from that page. It's slow but it does work.

I think this site is going the way of the dodo bird.

I may be headed to Match.com in the future. It's not as good as it used to be, and cost money.
 hemingway234

Is art attractive?
Posted: 11/13/2018 12:43:37 PM

Say what? That does not compute.

To me, an inventor is a scientist, which is close to being the opposite of an artist. Thomas Edison, often described as “America’s greatest inventor” would never, in a million years, have referred to himself as an artist. Now as to writer, Hemingway would have probably punched you out if you called him an artist. Robert Heinlein would have laughed at the very idea. I expect Stephen King would also laugh at the idea.

Now before you bring it up, I will grant you Leonardo Da Vinci, the quintessential “Renaissance Man”. But he lived and died 600 years ago, so I’m going to discount that one.

In thinking more about it, I think you are right,
about inventions - they are creative, but not an art.

But writing is an art - it's a symphony of words.
 hemingway234
Msg: 281 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/13/2018 12:29:31 PM

She needs to work on herself. If you already have little to no self-esteem, you will continually choose the same types of people over and over, who’ll aide you in your self-destruction. They don’t have to be toxic to be the wrong types but just sleeping with/dating others isn’t going to solve any core issues. The fleeting excitement from sex and dating are just distractions from actual underlying issues. “Just find another man” isn’t productive advice.

Some people SHOULD be alone, especially if they’re damaged with minimal self-esteem.

- It's a nice idea Siisa, but we know she's not going to go manless, she just wont stop. And adult companionship and sex can be therapeutic.

At the same time, as you have said in your own words, she needs to pick a better partner - not just somebody she falls for, but a decent man who actually likes her back.......not some drunk who does not care about her and only wants sex!

Sex is great but gee, pick a decent human being first!
 hemingway234
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 11/13/2018 8:52:41 AM
op, A large percentage of the women in your age group will have been engaged or divorced at least once. That's okay, at least they made a go of it and are capable of love and being loved. it's a good thing.

And about half will have young or grown kids. Kids are not a bad thing; kids are more little people to love you.

In my opinion, you are acting too picky.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a man these days who's IQ is higher than a
pot roast and who's mind isn't closed off by ideas from the 70's?

- maitaminute! I liked the 70's! oops
 hemingway234
Msg: 274 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:37:39 AM
Well, she's going to be heartbroken so just having sex with herself is not the solution. (I joke that I would like to have sex with somebody other than myself!).

The best thing for July to do would be to date others, even though she does not want to. She needs a replacement to soothe her ache breaky heart. She needs a rebound relationship. She needs a replacement.

There is nothing wrong with constantly having some partner, plenty of pretty women do it. Why be alone if you don't have to? I'd do it, but my legs are not that hot, lol! And I really am selective and don't want to settle for less than love.

I just think she needs to learn how to control herself better and set boundaries, and stop letting men drag her heart through the gutter.

While I personally don't do those half-baked fwb or fb relationships, between relationships, even I have a big harem of lady friends - just friends - that I see occasionally for romantic dinners out........I do like to get some romance in.
 hemingway234
Msg: 2 (view)

Curbing Prolific Contributors?
Posted: 11/13/2018 7:26:47 AM
Yeah, they like to control posters and limit duplicate topics to save bandwidth. It's a business.
 hemingway234
Msg: 74 (view)

How Long Should You Date Someone Before Moving In Together?
Posted: 11/12/2018 7:44:27 AM
Many women want to get married.

Men want everything to stay the same.

Classic stuff. Some things never change.

Show ALL Forums