Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Flowers on the first date?
 BrianR
Msg: 153 (view)

Flowers on the first date?
Posted: 10/30/2007 10:00:30 PM
Thats an excellent question. Only time that I bought flowers for someone really early was the day after my first date with my ex-wife. She loved them though
 BrianR
Msg: 35 (view)

Man won't give Name or Phone Number.
Posted: 10/30/2007 9:50:00 PM
As a devils advocate I want to mention that I gave out my number on this site once. We talked well for a couple days but then I had a family get together and told her I would be unavailable then she blew up my phone 14 times over the next 4 hours! At that sign I told her things werent going to work where she continued to call approximatly 30 times over the next two days before I had my number changed.

This doesn't mean anything about him though cause well a person that won't use names just shouldn't be trusted!
 BrianR
Msg: 13 (view)

just friends?????
Posted: 10/20/2007 5:53:34 PM
I'm kinda going through this as well but nearing the end of it. A fantastic woman that has it all and when I first told her about the feelings she said that she was kinda interested too but she had just started a relationship that I didn't know about. We ended up hanging out a lot more often then all of a sudden I made the friends list.

I would like to refer you to a book called "The Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida. I'm still learning a lot from it but it talks of how guys like us actually end up putting ourselves in this situation. Such as the importance of developing a strong polarization of masculine and feminine when going for a more intimate charged dynamic. If you're being a friend but not holding a strong masculine polarity (if she's more feminine) then the "chemistry" won't arise. Sensitive guys tend to require this lesson more than macho bad boys. This doesn't mean abandoning feminine attributes of being sensitive, nurturing etc but just recognizing how to build a fire of passion. I recognized that the more I found out about her the more I liked which made me more eager to please her, hence more feminine and a doormat so to speak.

I hope that this can help you out but I strongly encourage you to read that book.

Show ALL Forums