Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How did you decide to become a parent?
 TucsonPug
Msg: 19 (view)

How did you decide to become a parent?
Posted: 4/14/2017 2:37:19 PM
We talked about it beforehand, made plans as I had no intention of giving up work, I stopped taking the pill and was pregnant within the week, not quite what we were expecting but yeah we were chuffed to bits. Pregnancy was a doddle and He was 37 in April and I've never regretted it for a minute. 8 years later we decided we'd like another and again became pregnant immediately, I found parenthood a bit of a breeze tbh and both my Sons are wonderful individuals. I'm really proud of the way they turned out and so glad we decided to have them. I never doubted for a minute that I'd chosen the right man and trust was never an issue between us.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 11 (view)

Getting Married? Congrats! Ermm .. why exactly?
Posted: 3/29/2017 11:02:37 AM
We wanted a legal commitment, we had a child together, we already knew we loved each other but what use is that if one of you dies? Common law wife/husband had/has no legal standing in law. Some things such as houses you can tie up with joint ownership, other things you can't. We had no romantic notions it was all about providing each other and our son with security.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2017 10:18:36 AM
Some did but obviously wasted our time.
I certainly didn't get married because my parents did and his parents were never married.
We got married after 8 years together because we wanted to make a commitment to each other that living together can never give.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2017 6:38:25 AM
I've been married twice, never been engaged. First marriage was great, second was a sham.
First Husband we did everything backwards, bought a house first, moved in together and did it up, had a child after 2 years, sold the house and bought another and after 8 years together we got married and had a second child. There was no proposal, no arm twisting etc just two people who wanted to commit to each other and offer some security as common law relationships had none. We were together 27 years in all and remain friends.
"2nd marriage was total crap as he was a liar, pretended he wanted things he obviously didn't.
He did propose and arranged the wedding, I had last minute doubts and wished I'd listened to my gut instinct.
Went through with it and it was ok ish for 2 years and complete shite for the following 8.
I wanted him to leave and he kept protesting his love. He stayed but we didn't have a relationship.
That love cost me £150,000 in the divorce courts.
Would I do it again, absolutely not.
I have no need for security these days, I've provided my own.
 TucsonPug

How far are you willing to travel for a date?
Posted: 3/17/2017 10:10:39 AM
Depends but around 30 miles driving distance or an hour tops, So I tend to avoid anyone the other side of London.
 TucsonPug

Loads kids? You iz thick, innit?
Posted: 3/17/2017 2:31:36 AM
I have 2 kids one when I was 25 and one when I was 34. I only took 16 weeks maternity leave from my full time job in central london. I don't think having them caused me to give up anything at all, I gained a lot, extra travelling, juggling this that and the other and the best friends anyone could wish for. I was in a committed loving relationship and while we were both actively involved in bringing them up the majority fell on my shoulders as their Dad was earning more than me and putting in more hours, we supported each other on every level. I had my kids with the right man, the relationship between us ended eventually but by then the kids were grown, and he's remained in their life and mine too for that matter.
I don't think I lost any freedom at all because of my kids, my priorities changed but my freedom increased as did the amount of fun we had. I worked flexitime so could usually juggle my hours around everyone's needs. I had a fantastic childminder thanks Sis and the kids were highly adaptable and mature.
I have no regrets at all. If I could do it all again I wouldn't change a thing.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 47 (view)

What is the shortest date you have had
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:05:06 AM
Around 4 hours.
 TucsonPug

Your next car
Posted: 3/15/2017 2:14:11 AM
I'm sticking with what I've got for as long as possible tbh. I bought a Nissan Murano 3.5 way back in 2006 and it's never given me a moments trouble. I still like it and it doesn't look it's age, drinks like a fish but hey I knew that when I bought it.
My Son bought a new car yesterday and the handbook is about 3 inches thick, I'm getting old lol I need to stick to what I know.
Although I did have a loan car for a few weeks when a Bus Savaged mine and I really liked that too, that was a Merc A class 2.0 sport. So there must be something else out there when the inevitable day dawns.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 3 (view)

Your local bus operator
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:33:33 PM
I haven't set foot on a bus or coach in around the past 30 years, so no clue.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 20 (view)

First date etiquette
Posted: 3/8/2017 2:25:15 AM
I always expect to pay my own way and certainly wouldn't arrange an expensive meal for a first date.
 TucsonPug

Dating older women
Posted: 3/6/2017 10:49:28 AM
yeah actually after spending 27 years with one bloke great sex is the glue that holds it all together when it goes t!ts up from time to time.
Yes with the right person sex definitely improves and the best relationships still lust after each other once the relationship is no longer new and sparkling.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 14 (view)

Dating older women
Posted: 3/6/2017 8:01:05 AM
I wouldn't insult you and say you're a 14 year old but I was quite shocked to see that you're 32.
I can only say you may change your mind with time and experience but other than that your knowledge of women is a bit odd.
Women at 44 do not have a problem with sex, maybe the ones you know do.
Men can have issues with erectile dysfunction apparently but I've never encountered it so refrain from comment.
Some people male or female have problems with sex at any age.
I certainly didn't have more or better sex as a teenager. Things definitely were at there peak in a long term committed relationship.
The quantity and the quality were far beyond those teenage years.
Men can be a hassle too but I've never wished I was gay and I doubt life would be easier if I was.
That said I have the advantage of hindsight and it really is a wonderful thing.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 8 (view)

Dating older women
Posted: 3/5/2017 1:28:12 PM
Love, Really?
I never assumed for a nano second you were referring to me personally but believe it or not I've known a fair few women over the years and I don't think I've been unusual or out of the ordinary in my experiences, I think there are a multitude of women with similar experiences.
Luck maybe, or an obsession with health and fitness more likely as both my parents died rather early, 48 and 61 but that's the bit that's unique to me.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 6 (view)

Dating older women
Posted: 3/5/2017 12:53:03 PM
Everyone who hasn't reached menopause is approaching it and at 40 it doesn't even feature on your horizons.
Have you had relationships with many women of 40+ to reach your conclusions?
Hormonal health isn't based on your ability to get pregnant it's about having balanced hormones and many young women don't hence Pmt.
Less chance of pregnancy increases libido.
Your theories don't matter to me as I know the facts having already lived through all of the stages you mention. Whereas you just have your theories.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 4 (view)

Dating older women
Posted: 3/5/2017 11:54:11 AM
You have very strange ideas about women 37+
Not all women start having kids at 15.
At 37 my youngest was 3 he was very bright but certainly not taking care of himself.
Womens libido hits it peak at around 40.
So I can see where she's coming from when she say's the thread is rubbish.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 2 (view)

Help me find thr perfect woman
Posted: 3/2/2017 8:07:07 AM
Why would you even get into a relationship with someone who smells bad?

I can't answer the original question "What women want" because we're all different and want different things.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 21 (view)

Short men. A lost battle?
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:35:19 AM
I'm 5'3" and was married for 27 years to a bloke of 6'5" and there was nothing undesirable about him. There's so much more to love than a persons height.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 75 (view)

Can you be single so long you forget how to be a couple?
Posted: 2/27/2017 4:10:23 AM
All relationships are different and probably can't be replicated. My relationship with my first Husband lasted 27 years and when it ended I thought I'd never be able to feel the same way again and we remain friends. I met someone else and initially it went well, we got married after 2 years and it went steadily down hill from there. I wanted out but he refused to leave ( it was my house) so I withdrew from the relationship till we were no more than ships that passed in the night. I was never nasty about it but he knew I wanted him to leave, He chose to stay until one day about 9 years after we met he decided to leave with no warning. I hope in the future to have another relationship but I will not be rushed by anyone else's timescale again. In fact I can imagine being in a relationship again and view it in a positive light, I'm not so wary that I'd run a mile but I'd be on my guard more than in the past. I certainly haven't forgotten how to interact with another person in a close relationship but we all learn along the way.
 TucsonPug

crossdressing ok or not?
Posted: 12/28/2016 5:43:03 AM
^^^^^^^^
That's a good point actually, you say you only cross dress at home, you don't venture out in public dressed as a woman so why not post a few pics of you dressed the way you do to go out in public because anyone you meet will no doubt meet you in public.
 TucsonPug

crossdressing ok or not?
Posted: 12/28/2016 1:26:21 AM
I have no problem with men cross dressing, I certainly wouldn't mock them for it but nor would I be interested in dating them. We all have our little quirks, our likes and dislikes etc and there are many men I wouldn't date for various reasons, it doesn't mean I don't accept them for who they are.
 TucsonPug

Games.
Posted: 12/27/2016 2:07:37 PM
It's getting so hard to tell the difference between true friendship and the one out there that love to play games. I Meet who seemed to be a lovely lady, and all going well, and then , the texts start to change, not as often and there's always a excuse, low battery, my son had my phone. And then the best off all. Did you not get my texts, . My phones playing up. And then you split up, and it's all my fault. Now no more texts and have no idea, why. So sad people have to play games. Anybody else having this problem??!

People generally play games it's not just on line dating, they start to have second thoughts, change their opinion of you, it could be based on something you said or did or they had what they considered to be a better offer. You have to learn to roll with the punches, nothing is real until you meet in person and even then don't pour too much into it too soon. There is no magic number of texts or phone calls before meeting we're all individuals with our own ideas on what's right for us.
 TucsonPug

Christmas solo - good or bad?
Posted: 12/22/2016 3:53:05 AM
I won't be entirely on my own my Sons will turn up to be fed and hang around for a few hours but mostly I will be alone. I did the same last year and I liked it but I enjoy my own company and I have 4 dogs, better to be alone and happy than with someone and miserable.
If I was entirely alone I'd still cook Christmas dinner but give Madge a swerve.
 TucsonPug

so many crazy women where are the good ones
Posted: 12/19/2016 9:49:11 AM
Well it can't be your stunning good looks as you have no photo, can't be your wit and charm attracting them as you don't have any.
It's not very Christian to call women bimbo's and thicko's or make disparaging comments about their looks.
I think you're getting the replies you deserve tbh.
The only reply I give to people with no photo is "No photo no reply"
 TucsonPug

quality of men messaging me
Posted: 12/19/2016 2:21:02 AM

No there isn't any disability discrimination here, I'm currently disabled myself , I just don't understand why you'd flaunt your colostomy bag and yet you say you won't put the details as it's not for the squeamish.
You asked the question and we've given honest replies so does it not occur to you that potential dates might be equally bewildered by TMI.
 TucsonPug

quality of men messaging me
Posted: 12/19/2016 1:20:04 AM
Ok your profile isn't great and nor are your photo's but they are at least clear. Is one a picture of a colostomy bag? that bewilders me tbh. and not sure why you'd share that with all and sundry. As for the quality of the blokes contacting you i would say that's pretty much par for the course. Most blokes in their 50's on here are not in great shape physically and yes they do post out of date photo's but that doesn't make them uneducated. Lots of those van drivers and bus drivers are on their second or third career because like you life didn't work out quite as they had planned. Have you actually tried talking to them? I accept some are beyond help and can't string a sentence together but plenty can. Your original post does sound as if you think you're wonderful and above such things. Also you want kids at 44 whereas as most blokes in your desired age group are just recovering from a lifetime of bringing up kids and it's the last thing they want right now so you're limiting the numbers.
 TucsonPug

Theresa May's Leather Trousers
Posted: 12/8/2016 3:39:16 PM
I'm inclined to say "who cares", she paid for them so can wear what she pleases. She's 2 years younger than me so hardly elderly, I don't give a monkeys about anyone's opinion of what I choose to wear. I may not like her choice of clothes, accessories, shoes or hair cut but I defend her right to please herself. Sexy or scary? I'd say neither and yes it is ok if your not a biker, I don't think those trousers would offer much protection if she came off a motorbike.
You should wear whatever makes you feel good.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 30 (view)

Simply cannot get a response
Posted: 12/6/2016 12:18:40 PM
Profile review is best avoided and they are anything but nice.
His profile is not dull, blimey give him some credit, he has a lot to say, what's wrong with that?
 TucsonPug
Msg: 12 (view)

Letting agent fees
Posted: 11/30/2016 4:42:03 AM
I'm a landlord and I use an Independent letting agency who I'm very happy with, cheaper fees would not entice me away. When I first decided to let the flat out I interviewed several agents at the flat. They all came prepared with lots of bumph to convince me they were the best. I went with my gut tbh and the agent also owns and rents out a flat in the same in the same development. The rent was set by the agents and they all came in around the same figure.
My current tenants have been great, their tenancy was due to end 27/11/2016, they have been there 18 months and asked if they could extend for another month, which I was happy to agree to tbh I'm sorry to see them go. Not only has he been an ideal tenant he's found me a replacement tenant who has just been given the go ahead by the letting agent. So there will be no gap between tenants. I think being a good landlord pays dividends. I do try to encourage tenants to take out a longer tenancy and not just because it's in my financial interest but most can't plan that far ahead.
I refuse to rent to anyone on housing benefit or people with kids due to past experiences.
It's my property and is fully furnished with quality furnishings and I don't want the aggro I had to deal with before using the letting agent.
So if tenants find it hard to find somewhere decent to live maybe they should blame other tenants who have given landlords bad experiences.
The flat wasn't bought as a buy to let,it wasn't bought to increase my pension or to profit from the poor who couldn't afford it anyway.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 18 (view)

Harder being a single man, than a single lady?
Posted: 11/16/2016 7:12:17 AM
^^^^^^
Well I'm in the final stages of my divorce, it's taken two long years so far and we've only just reached an agreement. He's pleading poverty with an income 5 times mine and I'm still paying all my bills and paying him a fortune to naff off, so yes we should all be solvent at this age. It's not always the men who get taken to the cleaners, despite popular belief.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 16 (view)

Harder being a single man, than a single lady?
Posted: 11/16/2016 5:08:37 AM
Is it really harder being a single man than a single woman? I doubt it but as I've never been a man I can't say for sure, I do think being single is probably harder for some individuals than others for all sorts of reasons. I don't find it difficult at all, in fact I quite like it.
I'm not lonely and don't feel how Cinnamon posted, didn't relate to that at all tbh.
I'm solvent, shouldn't we all be? I'm not looking for someone who's minted but nor do I want to see someone drowning in debt.
It would be nice to meet someone I can relate to, similar standard of living, similar life experiences, similar outlook etc but I'm neither desperate or delusional. If it happens it happens and if not I'll be alright Jack, always have been and always will be.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 48 (view)

HELP. Advice needed regarding renting in or near London
Posted: 11/9/2016 4:46:08 AM
Shouldn't all 4 of them be on the lease? Therefore all legally responsible for paying the rent. I hope she's not subsidising them. I'd pay my share and nothing more and be paying direct to the letting agent or landlord and I'd contact them and tell them what's going on. I'm a landlord and sorry no rent gets you out on the street even if it is long winded and needs bailiffs, I have insurance to cover it but they won't find it easy to rent again.
 TucsonPug

Does your profile give you away ?
Posted: 11/7/2016 1:54:49 AM
Maybe they can't be ar$ed cos nobody reads it anyway and when asked if they read your profile say things like some of it, yeah course you did that's why you sent me a message when my headline was "Taking a break" and is now " Unavailable" and you have no clue why, even though it is quite clearly stated at the top of the profile. The You is generic.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 104 (view)

What's the longest time you've been single?
Posted: 10/23/2016 6:42:08 AM
I've never really been single until now, well 2 years since splitting with the ex but I like it and not in any hurry to change it if I'm honest. Anyway been trying to resolve everything and it's taken two years to do, so wasn't ready to get involved until now and for now I'm just enjoying the peace.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 103 (view)

What's the longest time you've been single?
Posted: 10/23/2016 6:41:53 AM
I've never really been single until now, well 2 years since splitting with the ex but I like it and not in any hurry to change it if I'm honest. Anyway been trying to resolve everything and it's taken two years to do, so wasn't ready to get involved until now and for now I'm just enjoying the peace.
 TucsonPug

Children dogs cats and scenery
Posted: 10/4/2016 3:31:56 AM
Why does it matter?
As long as they have at least one clear photo of themselves I don't see a problem.
I've got at least one pic with a dog, why not he's a huge part of my life.
If they don't like dogs we won't get on and they can see that at a glance.
I'd rather see a close up of a bloke with a fish than a distance shot wearing hat and sunglasses.
I don't have pics with children as I wouldn't plaster them on the net and my kids are full grown men.
Plenty of people have no photo's at all but they still send messages and ask for dates.
 TucsonPug

Your last date
Posted: 9/30/2016 12:54:35 AM
My last date was ok, he was older and heavier than his recent photo but we got on well, had a laugh etc. He was very keen to see me again, making arrangements as I got in my car to go home, I said ring me and we'll discuss it properly, went home and never heard from him again. He then popped up in who's viewed me several months later with the same out of date photo, I just let it go.
 TucsonPug

Redone my Profile
Posted: 9/15/2016 5:01:22 AM
^^^^^^^???????
I'm guessing you've changed it again.
Prefer not to say whether you have a car or not wtf is that about ?
Apart from that separated tends to put people off even if factually correct, they see unfinished business and if my divorce was anything to go by it's true, took over two years and cost an arm and a leg.
I don't like either of the stripey T-shirt photo's they look weird apart from that it looks fine to me.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 10 (view)

no response continued
Posted: 9/8/2016 2:33:04 AM
Well if the forums are dead because the threads are all of a similar vein, they'd be non existent without those threads.
No one knows the forum is here isn't true either, some of us manage to find them and wonder why we bothered looking.
 TucsonPug

no response continued
Posted: 9/6/2016 6:02:05 AM
If the group you joined is full of flakey people, there are plenty of other groups out there, join another.
I think it's a better way of meeting people as hopefully you'd have a common interest.
Or as Chap says maybe you're not putting yourself out there.
I dunno find a group with an activity you enjoy and just do it lol.
 TucsonPug

no response continued
Posted: 9/6/2016 4:31:51 AM
Oh that 2 post rule drives you nuts, no wonder the forums are dead.
I don't believe anyone, male or female should settle for less than they want, some will because they consider it preferable to be alone, I'd rather be alone. I don't see that attitude as misogynistic but was accused of something similar myself for not appreciating all the obese blokes who message me.
Online dating has changed hugely in ten years so comparisons are pointless.
It is what it is, deal with it or look elsewhere. You might be better off looking at "Meet up" groups in your area.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 6 (view)

you are chatting with someone and they get cold feet
Posted: 8/28/2016 8:45:36 AM
I've only ever blocked one person and he was so disgusting there really was no alternative.
I've asked a few not to contact me again but that's after exchanging numbers.
People stop replying for all sorts of reasons, I wouldn't bother trying to figure it out tbh.
You need a fairly thick skin on here and there is no point taking it personally.
Gone is gone so move on and find someone worth your time and effort.
 TucsonPug

An older lady
Posted: 8/20/2016 11:59:22 PM
What most blokes in your situation do is they create a profile with the age of the people they are looking to meet and then give their proper age in either the description or about me. So claiming to be much older than they really are but reveal the truth in the text . Hope that helps.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 12 (view)

On a scale of 1 to 10
Posted: 8/15/2016 10:28:56 AM
Look on the bright side, you're not as ugly as your mates.
Pulling stupid faces isn't ugly, can't judge without a straight face tbh but certainly not what I would term ugly.
 TucsonPug

Marriage
Posted: 8/15/2016 6:34:56 AM
I've been married twice, and have no intentions of doing it again.
The first was happy and successful for 27 years, the second was a huge mistake and dragged on for 9 years.
He simply wouldn't leave and It was my house so I couldn't and I should have known better.
I don't hate marriage or men as a result but I will not get married again.
Nothing worse than being married to someone you can't stand.
I don't think living together first protects you from anything.
Well I could have kicked him out and changed the locks at least.
So I don't want to live with anyone either.
I would like a committed relationship but if it doesn't happen I'll still be happy on my own.
I'm not bitter, not even wary tbh.
If it makes you happy, do it.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 17 (view)

I hate to admit it, but I need help
Posted: 8/15/2016 3:51:12 AM
Igor absolutely nailed it.
I think you probably need professional help and guidance to deal with your issues.
Cultivate female friends of all ages to help with your self worth.
I think you're rather brave to spill your guts on here and ask for help.
I hope you find the help you need x
 TucsonPug

Any never-married, childless women out there who met their first husband after age 45?
Posted: 8/15/2016 3:33:11 AM
I'm probably not the best person to reply for several reasons
2-4 years is not a Ltr in my book
I managed to have a career while having my first child and kept it going.
I'm quite impulsive but know my own mind, I fell in love with my first husband on our first date.
I'd never given kids a thought until I met the father of my children.
We started buying a house together after 3 months and moved in within 6 months.
Had our first child within 2 years and second 8 years later, recipe for disaster I hear you yell but we were in love for 27 years.
As for relationships after 45 I guess it's the luck of the draw, mine were after 50 and I had one good one and one bad one. Dates since have been ok, no disasters but no one I would want to spend more than a couple of dates with either. I'm not open to settling for less than I want and don't expect the other party to either.
You need to broaden your horizons as much as possible by doing things you enjoy. Don't do things specifically to meet prospective dates.
I have lots of male friends but I really don't want them matchmaking for me, I just want them as friends.
I guess it makes no difference how long you wait before having sex with whoever you're seeing, if he does a runner he does a runner, it's not great for your confidence but what can you say if he didn't want seconds. Don't over analyse why, move on.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 23 (view)

Smoke yourself to death or become your own central bank, reject serfdom and heightists......
Posted: 8/13/2016 6:28:32 AM
In response to Try, I reply to all messages in the same vein they are sent. If the message is polite I will reply politely even if it's a polite sorry but you're not my type but I do make it longer and chattier than that tbh, but if it's a rude message they'll get a rude response but they do get a reply.
 TucsonPug

Distance when searching always wrong( plus top ten prospects etc)
Posted: 8/13/2016 6:22:39 AM
Lol only 99 % I'd say mine are the complete opposite of what I'd choose left to my own devices. The thing with the matches is we have nothing in common, so much so that I no longer even look at my matches or prospects.
 TucsonPug

Smoke yourself to death or become your own central bank, reject serfdom and heightists......
Posted: 8/13/2016 2:32:07 AM
You've just answered yourself, you might not have a problem with being 5'4" and why should you but you've said yourself women have ludicrous requirements regarding height, that's their prerogative and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm 5'3" and spent 27 years with a bloke of 6'5" I have 2 sons who are 6'2" so everyone seems short to me. I'm sure other women have their own reasons ludicrous or not. We're not criticising just offering reasons why you're not getting replies.
 TucsonPug

No sex please
Posted: 8/12/2016 2:31:28 PM
Smokes frequently and being 5'4" will certainly count against you. Nothing you can do about the height but smoking ugh!

Show ALL Forums