Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do you find there aren't enough people on POF in St. John's?
 Sheldon86
Msg: 2 (view)

Do you find there aren't enough people on POF in St. John's?
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:52:05 PM
Well boys I would probably agree with you. Because in the grand scheme of things we can break it down a little by the numbers ok assuming you're both from St. John's or at least near it like myself. St. John's has roughly a little less than two hundred thousand people so we'll use 200,000 as a basis. Now as online dating is still kinda a gray area, people are starting to warm to it but, for the most part it's still viewed by most people as "online dating ewwww!" And lord knows that Newfoundland is not exactly up to date on its technological and sociological trends so; online dating is even further back here.

Okay so as I was saying 200,000 people in St. John's and for the sake of argument half of that population is women. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere there's actually more women than men on the island but anyway 100,000 will work for now. On this site it's nine profiles per page and lets just say for a number to toss out there, as I have no intentions of actually checking, there's 50 pages out there. I'm fairly certain that's a good guess so that makes 450 women so that means of a population of 100,000 women .45 percent of that population is here on plenty of fish. Now actually in fact I'm pretty sure it would be less than that when you take into fact age demographics, personal interests, and etc... but there's no way in hell I'm getting that detailed this was like 10 minutes of thinking on this for me and that's all I'm putting into it lol. And having worked that out in my head I will have to agree with you there's definitely too few women on this website.

It's also kinda got me think I might just say to hell with this website because honestly I've never really thought about the numbers till this moment and now that I have wow! There is really sweet **** all of the population on this site lol. I'm fairly certain that my math would work out pretty similarly for the number of men on this site too. Now I'm sure there some person out there, much smarter than myself, who can do a much better job of the break down of the numbers than my basic mathematics has but anyway that's all I have to say on it.

P.S. I probably won't give up on this site it has because something of a wretched addiction to me lol. Jump on "is there anyone new? There is! Are they someone I would like? They're not :( Oh well maybe next time." *next time may vary depending on how bored I am lol.*
 Sheldon86
Msg: 12 (view)

I seriously have terrible trouble APPROACHING women.
Posted: 5/26/2009 6:59:35 AM
You'll just need to get over your fear of rejection that is what holds most men back and fear of rejection is what feeds your own self doubt you've just got to force yourself to get over it and talk to them the worst they can say is "no" well that or "**** off" which is essentially a less polite no so who cares. Also don't be afraid to aim high you might be surprised no one should have to just settle.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 49 (view)

Is chivalry dead and gone?
Posted: 5/26/2009 6:54:40 AM
In a world of equal rights chivalry is less common but not unheard of, also it has changed over the years what was considered chivalrous years ago is not now I suppose I should say rather than faded out it's changed and evolved from what it was 20, hell even 10 years ago there are still women out there who love the holding doors for them, pulling out chairs, and their men willing to defend their honer, but given the era of equality and independence not all women find that attractive. So new forms of chivalry have developed and the old version of it has faded.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 44 (view)

why do women include their employment
Posted: 5/26/2009 6:44:19 AM
Someone's employment is a huge selling point there bud.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 8 (view)

Overly Amorous Msg's ... Guys Are You Serious -?
Posted: 5/26/2009 6:38:42 AM
I would say that seems more on the desperate side of things than anything.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 10 (view)

If your profile is 2 lines don't expect a long first message!
Posted: 5/23/2009 10:46:27 PM
Ya the two sentence profiles drive me half mad you might see someone you have interest in whether it be sexual or the little he/she has written there is really interesting but it's hard to make a good reply with such little info.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 22 (view)

How many first dates don't lead anywhere?
Posted: 5/23/2009 10:40:31 PM
First dates are essentially testing the waters getting a feel for the person many have said that the first date is an interview and I believe this to be true but as for a lot leading to nothing it all depends on how you present yourself. As bad as it may sound the first date is about selling yourself if the other person isn't interested then all you can do but it's your job to catch their interest.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 17 (view)

being bi-curious
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:54:37 PM
It's your life there are always going to be those whom wont agree with it but in the end it comes down to what you want if your really interested then go for it I wouldn't worry about what others think.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 16 (view)

How can i get over being so shy?
Posted: 4/20/2009 10:00:34 AM
Unfortunately the only way to get over shyness is bull your way though get out talk to people even if it's just striking up a conversation with a cashier about the weather or etc.. just build up your conversation skills and self confidence. Build yourself up as well your capable of more than what you think you just got to build yourself up. Or you could just dive in head first and do something that you can't be shy for I was very shy and still am a little but I got over a lot of it when a buddy of mine talked me into being in a play and this was only 2-3 years ago so I was roughly your age then it helped a lot.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 3 (view)

Does meeting a person count as a comittment..
Posted: 4/20/2009 9:39:46 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, it is a bit unrealistic to expect a person to just jump into a relationship after one date. One date isn't enough time to get to know a person well enough to commit, at least in most cases, some would argue otherwise but realistically speaking it isn't.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 46 (view)

Why Can't he cum
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:59:41 AM
Could be he jerks off to much and I'm not joking if a fella jerks off a lot he may have trouble getting off with sex as a woman's vagina cannot match the speed and intensity of his hand heh. So you could check that with him.
 Sheldon86
Msg: 1 (view)

Could use some input.
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:40:49 AM
So I've recently made my profile as I'm new to this spot and I'm looking for some suggestions to get as much out of my profile as i can. As i have to really rely on it here on this end to catch peoples interests so a dull one will catch no ones interest. I've sent off a few messages and gotten no responses back so i think that could be an issue so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Show ALL Forums